We have come a long way since our humble beginnings — a highly successful Kickstarter campaign in 2015 and the launch of our first products in 2016! Today, led by Founder and Chief Science Officer Holly Ganz and Chief Executive Officer Carlton Osborne, AnimalBiome is the leader in microbiome science for companion animals. With one of the largest databases of gut health information in the world, we help thousands of veterinarians and pet parents every month successfully analyze and treat gut microbiome dysbiosis in companion animals. Learn more about us and see how our products can help your cat or dog!
We believe that pets are full members of our families and will finally be able to live to their full potential when pet parents, and the pet care community that serves them, understand the essential roles that the microbiome plays in animal health.
We are on a mission to revolutionize animal health by using microbiome science to create products that improve the lifespan and quality of life of companion animals. More than half of cats and dogs will suffer from a microbiome-related health condition at some point in their lives. Understanding and supporting a pet’s gut microbiome throughout their lives can help prevent the development of digestive, skin, and immune system related conditions.
- Follow the Science - We are a company founded and led by scientists, and every product and service we provide is backed by science. If a product doesn’t deliver proven efficacy of function, we won’t launch it.
- Be Inclusive & Honor Diversity - We value diversity in everything we do. From the people we hire to the companies we do business with, we look for diversity in thought and a respect for different ways of doing things.
- Be Transparent - We are open and honest about everything we do. Our U.S.-based Animal Care Team is available by phone or email to take care of any questions or concerns our customers have.
- Minimize Our Environmental Impact - We care about the earth and how our business affects the natural world. We work hard to minimize the environmental impact of our products, packaging, and manufacturing processes.
- Mutuality - We strive to achieve mutual benefit in everything we do, including our interactions with customers, vendors, and by improving the communities in which we work and live.
- Give Back - We are dedicated to supporting organizations that work to improve pets’ lives. We routinely partner with animal shelters and pet rescue organizations to help the most vulnerable cats and dogs.
AnimalBiome’s scientists have studied the microbiomes of more than 30,000 cats and dogs and have developed science-backed solutions for pets suffering from a range of symptoms. If your pet suffers from health problems like diarrhea, vomiting, or itchy skin, the cause could be a microbiome imbalance. Our DoggyBiome™ and KittyBiome™ microbiome testing and supplement products provide a scientific, comprehensive roadmap for achieving a healthy gut microbiome through our 3-Step Process of testing, restoring, and maintaining the gut microbiome.
Meet The Team
Founded in 2016 and based in the San Francisco Bay Area, AnimalBiome was started with a simple goal of helping cats and dogs feel better by using science to unlock the mysteries of the pet gut microbiome. All of us love pets and have an unwavering passion about helping them lead longer, happier lives.
- 25% of us have PhD’s or advanced degrees
- 75% of us are women
- 100% of us love pets
(Just to show a few)
Holly Ganz, PhD, Chief Science Officer, Co-Founder
Carlton Osborne, Chief Executive Officer, Co-Founder
Alex Martin, Director of Animal Care, Co-Founder
Dawn Kingsbury, DVM, PhD, DACVIM (SAIM), Chief Veterinary Officer
Our Labs in Oakland, California
Highly trained AnimalBiome employees in our Oakland, California, labs use Illumina 16S rRNA to sequence the DNA found in each fecal matter sample and then employ sophisticated software to identify and analyze over 5,000 different types of gut bacteria. We compare the results for each sample to one of the world’s largest databases of healthy cat and dog gut microbiome data, providing our customers with a detailed gut health report and additional information to help them understand their pet’s results. Our gut health reports include personalized recommendations for supplements and dietary changes to improve each pet’s gut and overall health.