A two-thousand-year-old formula adapted using cutting edge research to support the dog with degenerative myelopathy.
Degenerative myelopathy (DM) is a frustrating and heartbreaking condition for which modern medicine has no cure. Most veterinarians typically have nothing to offer. Even the help of trained rehabilitation therapists may not be enough to stop the heartbreaking progression to complete paralysis.
What if that decline could be halted? What if we could even turn back the clock a little bit in DM dogs?
DM used to be described as ‘doggy MS’, but the disease is much more like the human disease known as ALS. Dogs with DM have a mutation in the gene that codes for the SOD-1 (superoxide dismutase) enzyme. Instead of acting as an antioxidant, the enzyme creates “excitotoxicity” by causing a build up of glutamate in the spinal cord. As in ALS, that build up is toxic to nerves, causing them to slowly die.
There’s no highly effective drug for ALS that we can borrow for the treatment of DM, but plenty of research has demonstrated the possible utility of plants for the condition.
Laboratory testing has shown that certain herbs can help decrease SOD in tissues and help protect neurons from dying from excess glutamate. We’ve integrated some of the most powerful of them into the DM Formula formulated by Dr. Steve Marsden, which is an adaptation of the two-thousand-year-old formula known as Minor Bupleurum Combination (Xiao Chai Hu Tang).
If mutant SOD levels can be lowered and glutamate-induced injury mitigated, neurons in DM dogs that have not been fatally injured may return to some degree of normal function. Disease progression might be halted, and some animals may experience a return of strength and coordination.
Stabilization and improvement of DM dogs may be more likely if the patient is fed a real food diet that lowers the risk of oxidative stress and spinal cord inflammation. Improvement is also more likely if the patient is under the care of a rehabilitation therapist or physiotherapist. Specific treatments that may help include mobilization of the spine using massage and gentle chiropractic; the reduction of cord inflammation using anti-inflammatory acupuncture and laser treatments; and the reduction of oxidative stress using ozone therapy.
- Bupleurum root
- Ginseng root
- Rhubarb root and rhizome
- Ginger rhizome
- Pinellia rhizome
- Salvia root
- Scutellaria root
- Natural flavouring (Hydrolyzed vegetable extract)
DM Formula is an organically grown concentrated herbal extract in powdered form. DM Formula acts more quickly and completely if your pet is fed a real food meat- and vegetable-based diet, and if they receive physical therapies like chiropractic, acupuncture, massage, PEMF and laser therapy by a practitioner knowledgeable in the unique pathophysiology of DM.
To use, just fold the herbs into your pet's real food diet or shake them up with broth or water and pour them over top if using canned or kibble.
Give twice daily as follows:
- Up to 30 pounds: ¼ tsp
- 30 to 60 pounds: ½ tsp
- 60 to 90 pounds: 1 tsp
- 90 pounds and up: 1 ½ tsp
One bottle of DM Formula lasts over a month for dogs 30 lbs and under; and for two weeks for large breed dogs
JJ E-Homez Holistic Pet Return Policy
Generally, all our products are strictly non-refundable nor exchangeable.
However, in the event you received an incorrect or defective item, or any other valid reason that you can't enjoy your purchase, we will provide a refund or an exchange, case by case basis.
All we ask is that when the item is returned, it should meet the following requirements:
- Reach out to us to arrange an appointment to drop off your item at 216A Boon Lay Ave.
- Item returned should be in their original & sealed packaging. Broken seals will not be accepted, unless there's a valid reason, based on case by case basis.
- Please ensure at least 6 months of shelf life if it's a perishable item.
- Send us your order confirmation email for refund verification.
Items not eligible for returns:
- Food related, wearables, beds and carriers due to food safety & hygiene reasons.
- Items that are purchased from promotional pricing from all of our sales channels.
- Customers who had a history of returning more than 3 items.
When we receive the refunded/exchange item, we will review the condition of the item, and reach out to you to confirm and issue a refund/exchange within 7 working days. We regret that customers who decline to respect our policy will be ineligible for exchange, returns and refunds.
Do also note that if we find that a product has been intentionally damaged or tampered with, refunds will not be offered.
As generally, returns are not allowed otherwise, please check your order (e.g. type, size, colour, quantity, etc) before checking out. If you need help with any product, chat with us or please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Pre-order Items T&C
Please note of the following terms & conditions on all our Pre-order items :
- Full payment is required for all Pre-order items.
- Expect Pre-order items to be delivered between 3 to 15 working days (depending on which item) starting from your order date.
- We will connect via WhatsApp or Email should there be any updates or concerns regarding your order.
Website promotion for year 2023
Free Delivery for : orders above $38
*Terms & Conditions:
- Website promotion is only applicable for orders/payments made via our website.
- Promotions at other shopping platforms (Carousell, Lazada, Shopee, Amazon) is only applicable for orders/payments made via our shops within those shopping platforms.