From the vet health professional to canine professional to the avid canine enthusiast, Feeding Dogs is a fascinating, at times shocking and utterly essential portrayal of canine nutrition today. With a clear and tangible passion for the subject but with an entertaining, highly readable style, Dr Conor Brady forensically translates the available research on a great variety of topics, detailing for us not only what dogs should eat but what they are currently being fed.
Crucially, modern diet strategies are linked to many of the diseases that plague our pets today, including obesity, cancer, pancreatitis and bloat. As the scientific and corporate tricks reveal themselves, the fantasy of a 'complete' diet falls away, replaced with the knowledge that formulating a balanced dog diet by ourselves is not only uncomplicated but utterly essential to their health and longevity.
"Modern canine nutrition demands we trust the science more so than actually understand it because to pull back the curtain just a little reveals the magic show for what it is – a very clever illusion."
With more than 500 pages and 1200 references, Feeding Dogs is the most thorough examination of the canine nutrition debate to date. Over four large sections, it provides:
- Section 1- An examination of what the dog consumes when left to his own devices and the biological and physiological machinery that facilitates that process.
- Section 2 - A thorough presentation of the major issues with ultra-processed kibble including the effects of excessive carbohydrates, insufficient protein, erratic nutrient contents and hazardous microbiology on the health of the dog. All these chapters will be a first for most vets. Also, for the first time, the scientific evidence in support of raw feeding is collated including head-to-head studies that examine both dry and raw-fed dog populations and the effects of poor nutrition on behaviour.
- Section 3 - A staggering reveal of the problems in the veterinary sector, from the gross lack of adequate nutritional training and regulation of the pet food sector to the pseudoscience that is currently being fed to us by the industry.
- Section 4 - An expansive description of what might constitute the ideal canine diet might look like. From a fascinating dissection of what balance means to a thorough exploration of what ingredient and why, Dr Conor Brady presents new insights that will keep both amateur and raw-pro gripped to the end (and what an end!).
Each chapter comes with a complete bibliography and handy take-home points.
Finally! A well-written, well-referenced, thorough examination of the raw dog food debate. Dr. Brady provides a detailed summary of all the issues, leaving the reader well-educated and ready to engage in a knowledgable converation with raw-ignorant or naive pet professionals looking for more information. A fantastic gift for your favourite veterinarian. - Dr. Karen Becker, DVM
"In this masterfully researched and written exposé, Conor Brady details the raw truth about canine nutrition; why dry dog food is so damaging, how modern research is designed to sell product, never to find truth, and the enormous benefits that only a fresh raw and whole food diet can provide. A valuable addition to the serious raw feeder's library." - Dr. Ian Billinghurst, best-selling author of Give Your Dog a Bone
"This remarkable book is the first of its kind. Researched comprehensively and meticulously detailed, it remains pleasantly readable and credible to the academic and home raw food enthusiast alike. It is a must for everyone with even a passing interest in species-appropriate nutrition for dogs. - Dr. Nick Thompson, Founder of the Raw Feeding Vet Society
JJ E-Homez Holistic Pet Return Policy
Generally, all our products are strictly non-refundable nor exchangeable.
However, in the event you received an incorrect or defective item, or any other valid reason that you can't enjoy your purchase, we will provide a refund or an exchange, case by case basis.
All we ask is that when the item is returned, it should meet the following requirements:
- Reach out to us to arrange an appointment to drop off your item at 216A Boon Lay Ave.
- Item returned should be in their original & sealed packaging. Broken seals will not be accepted, unless there's a valid reason, based on case by case basis.
- Please ensure at least 6 months of shelf life if it's a perishable item.
- Send us your order confirmation email for refund verification.
Items not eligible for returns:
- Food related, wearables, beds and carriers due to food safety & hygiene reasons.
- Items that are purchased from promotional pricing from all of our sales channels.
- Customers who had a history of returning more than 3 items.
When we receive the refunded/exchange item, we will review the condition of the item, and reach out to you to confirm and issue a refund/exchange within 7 working days. We regret that customers who decline to respect our policy will be ineligible for exchange, returns and refunds.
Do also note that if we find that a product has been intentionally damaged or tampered with, refunds will not be offered.
As generally, returns are not allowed otherwise, please check your order (e.g. type, size, colour, quantity, etc) before checking out. If you need help with any product, chat with us or please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Pre-order Items T&C
Please note of the following terms & conditions on all our Pre-order items :
- Full payment is required for all Pre-order items.
- Expect Pre-order items to be delivered between 3 to 15 working days (depending on which item) starting from your order date.
- We will connect via WhatsApp or Email should there be any updates or concerns regarding your order.
Website promotion for year 2023
Free Delivery for : orders above $38
*Terms & Conditions:
- Website promotion is only applicable for orders/payments made via our website.
- Promotions at other shopping platforms (Carousell, Lazada, Shopee, Amazon) is only applicable for orders/payments made via our shops within those shopping platforms.